I thought for my first blog post I would do 20 facts about me, so you can get to know me a bit.
1. I am currently studying ‘Costume Design and Realisation’. When I tell people this they usually think it is a fashion course, however it is the complete opposite. I design and make costumes suitable for stage, TV or films, ranging from Elizabethan dresses to catsuits and outfits for dance. (The one below is from last year, modelled by my gorgeous friend Felicity)
2. I have been with my lovely boyfriend, Tom, for just over 2 years after we met at a friend’s party.
3. My favourite colours are cream, gold and pale pink and have been for years!
4. I love decorating and arranging my room, I can’t wait to have my own place to decorate. It’ll be an explosion of cream, flowers and Cath Kidston.
5. I did music A level and used to be really passionate about singing, however since leaving college I hardly sing at all anymore.
6. I used to have really long dark hair, then in the summer I decided it was time for a change and started to lighten it closer to my natural colour, in September I ended up getting it cut short too.
7. I’m born in February, so I am an Aquarius.
8. I have 11 piercings, the last one I got was my nose piercing.
9. I have had type 1 diabetes since I was 12, so 8 years now!
10. I am a teeeeeeny bit of a crazy cat lady… I love all things cat related especially my 3 little cats, Pickles, Noah and Fudgie.
11.I have a major shopping addiction, whether it is Topshop or Tesco I can always find sometimes I NEED to buy in a shop.
12.I love food and baking, I make some really good brownies!
13.My absolute favourite food is crispy aromatic duck pancakes and has been as for as long as I can remember. I even wrote my year 6 English SAT exam about how much I loved it and got full marks hahahaha.
14.I paint my nails a lot, I used to do quite a bit of nail art, which is something I would like to get back into.
15. I have one tattoo, a daisy chain around my ankle, that my dad paid for as my 18th birthday present. It was super painful but I love it.
16. I love cute sewing crafts, I’ve just bought some stuff to start learning how to crochet. It makes me feel a bit like an old lady but I love it.
17. I really like Yankee candles, but I’m running out of space in my room to display them.
18. My favourite perfume is either Prada Candy or Nina by Nina Richie. I love perfumes that smell sweet.
19. I live at home with my mum and 16 year old brother, my dad has been living in Madrid since the summer.
20. I am going to be a bridesmaid at my cousin’s wedding this summer and I can’t wait as I have never been one before and I have such a beautiful dress to wear!!